Whakatipu Mahia (Mahia Pest Free) is recruiting, please share these jobs descriptions with your whanau.
Tauira Mahi Project Coordinator (Predator Free Hawke’s Bay) (Vacancy 18-975)
Hawke’s Bay Regional Council is looking for enthusiastic candidates for an exciting Two Year Fixed Term role within the Predator Free Hawke’s Bay (PFHB) project.
This role is a development opportunity targeted to cultivate skills for future project management that will particularly focus in the Whakatipu Mahia project. The initial 12-24 months training will be in both the Napier and Mahia areas so will require the availability to travel between both areas .A commitment or understanding of the aspirations of the Rongomaiwahine Iwi Trust would be preferred.
The Tauira Mahi Project Coordinator will be trained alongside the Project Leader of PFHB and Project Manager of the Whangawehi Catchment Management Group with opportunities to work alongside local Department of Conservation, Ngā Whenua Rahui and the broader HBRC Catchment Services team
The Successful Candidate will;
- Assist the project management of the Whakatipu Mahia Predator Free Mahia project to ensure the successful delivery of project functions.
- Assist with the overall planning and implementation to meet projects milestones.
- Assist with funding applications as required to support the project
- Assist with project communications at local level and input for the wider regional and national levels.
- Be prepared to further develop leadership qualities.
- Add value to the project.
- Build personal capability and Iwi capacity.
- Maintain and build Iwi and other key stakeholder relationships and links to wider Hawke’s bay ecological restoration activities.
- Assist with scoping and developing opportunities beyond the core project deliverables
Whilst the role will largely be based in the Mahia area, the flexibility to work and attend training in Napier from time to time will be required. A current and clean full drivers licence mandatory with a commitment to the aspirations of the Mahia community preferred.
If you think you are the right person for the role, apply today! Applications close Monday 19 November.
Tauira Mahi Project Coordinator Job Description
Tauira Mahi Predator Control Assistant (Predator Free Hawke’s Bay) (Vacancy 18-973)
Hawke’s Bay Regional Council is looking for two candidates for an exciting Two Year Fixed Term role within the Predator Free Hawke’s Bay (PFHB) project.
The initial 12-24 months training will be in both the Napier and Mahia areas so will require the availability to travel between both areas. One role will have some focus on working within the Whakatipu Mahia project, so an understanding of the aspirations of the Rongomaiwahine Trust would be beneficial. The other role will have some focus on working within the Poutiri Ao ō Tāne project, so an understanding of the aspirations of the Maungaharuru Tangitū Trust would be beneficial.
The successful candidates will;
- Be trained alongside experienced predator control operators to carry out the day to day pest control for predator pests on farmland.
- Have opportunities to work alongside local Department of Conservation, Ngā Whenua Rahui and the broader HBRC Catchment Services team
- Need to work independently and as part of a team.
- Have good communication skills
- Be committed and adhere to biosecurity and health and safety protocols at all times.
- Have a current and clean full driver’s license.
- Experience with 4×4, LUV/Quadbike and/or a firearms license would be an advantage.
The Tauira Mahi Predator Control Assistants will integrate across other work streams of the project to develop an understanding of ecological restoration, innovation and leadership development.
This is a development role and training will be provided. You will need to be committed to the role, keen and open to learning.
If you think you are the right person for the role, apply today! Applications Close Monday 19 November.
Tauira Mahi Predator Control Assistant Job Description